TODO for 1.5

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 5 19:56:15 CET 2006

I think that this is the list of things we need to do for 1.5...

C = Cyrille Berger
B = Casper Boemann
R = Boudewijn Rempt
P = Bart Coppens
G = Gábor Level

Adrian, Michael, Sven -- are you working on something at the moment?

C  * Fix filter preview
B  * Add layer preview to layer box
B  * Add image preview to bird's eyeview box
R  * Fix unittests for colorspaces
?  * Use KOffice library guides instead of our own guides
B  * Fix transform tool and re-enable the shear and rotate functionality
?  * Fix crashes in filters
B  * Implement the last few colorspace dependencies in KisAbstractColorSpace
R  * Check filters for colorspace problems
R  * Implement warning when using filters that downgrade to another colorspace
R  * Implement filter configuration widget
G  * Add GUI to actually group layers
R  * Finish separation plugin to separate to different images
R  * Finish raw importer
C  * polish and document scripting support
R  * document plugin API
?  * check use of EXIF data
R  * develop thorough test plan and exercise it on several installations
     before release
?  * Polish gui according to Thomas' suggestions
P  * Fix part layers
?  * Lock all actions when layers are locked or invisible, not just filters
and tools
?  * Optimize colorspace functions at least in 8 and 16 bit rgb where possible

Bugs

I'm not saying all these bugs can be fixed for 1.5; but please take a good
hard look at them. We can do without open bugs :-) (Wishlists excepted, but
Cyrille, maybe you're interested in 119290 after the release? sounds like
something that's absolutely your cup of cafe au lait.)

  109971   ASSI     Crash trying to DND while krita is working
  113086   NEW      krita crashes when resizing certain image
  116075   NEW      reproducible crash when trying cimg image restauration
  117633   NEW      Krita crashed while trying to edit a picture's layer
  117923   NEW      crash at opening a random file
  117925   NEW      Crash when dragging psd to 'insert as new layer'
  107348   ASSI      Layerbox behaves badly when there are many layers
  112727   ASSI      If present, change the 'Orientation' meta data on
rotatio...
  115253   NEW      Resize to current layer forgets layer offset
  118847   NEW      off by one bug in subtracting-selections
  119401   ASSI      Action 'change image size' crops source image

And if there's time

   * implement adjustment layers
   * bidi color transfer paint op