preview and birdseye

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 4 20:36:52 CET 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 20:31, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> And I still fail to see how this can be faster, maybe more accurate for the
> "oil painter", I still don't see how it can be faster than reducing the
> image, and then applying the filter.

The best plan would be to read the section of the layer shown in the preview
at 1:1 to a temporary paint device, filter that, and use toQImage to put it on
the display. No need for KisImage's here, of course, unless we want to show
the effect of the filter on the layer in context. But I don't think that's
necessary. Oh, and we should apply the selection as an alpha mask before
filtering. The QImage can then be scaled to suit the preferences.