Annoying behaviour of the color selector

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Feb 28 18:44:37 CET 2006

Hello,
I have notice two annoying behaviour in the color selector :
- for HSV, when you choose the color to be black, the selector got centered,
what I find annoying is that I tend to first select a color (H and S) and
then to select the value, but if you do that starting from black, then
selector get centered again with H = 0 and S = 0
- and yesterday I decided to test the color profile of my monitor (it works
badly as soon as you select a profile != srgb (built-in) for your monitor),
and now I found the rgb color selector unusuable, for instance if I try to
select a "full yellow" (R=255 G=255 B=0) the color get corrected to
(237,255,54), but if I use the HSV color corrector, then I can select the
"full yellow" (R=255 G=255 B=0). I know that this the correct behaviour of
color correction, but I preferre the way it is handled by photoshop which
warn you that the color might be incorrect and offers you an alternative.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---