Small comments...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Feb 26 09:28:09 CET 2006

On Sunday 26 February 2006 07:14, Thomas Zander wrote:
> You know me; always 'complaining' ;)
> I tried stitching 3 photos together and here are some comments about
> krita (note that this is about a 2 weeks old svn).
>
> * Its impossible to move selections to another layer after discovering
> I have been 'editing' the wrong one.

Yes, that'll be for the next release, as well as using the move tool for
selections. I never realized we should provide this possibility.

> * I expected that changing the color (hsv/gray pallette) to have an
> effect in the transparency of the 'paint a selection'.
> How should I paint half transparent selections?

I think I'd better add -- in the next version -- an alpha slider to the
selection tool widgets. Another thing we just forgot. User feedback is great
-- when it comes in time :-(.

> * Why does a 'cut' (ctrl-x) change the selected tool from the 'paint a
> selection' tool to the colorpicker?

I tried to mimic the photoshop behavior where pressing ctrl selects the
colorpicker, but messed up. That change has been reverted by now. You remarks
about the opacity slider in the layerbox (in the UIcomments file) are noted.
That widget was already on the todo, but Casper (who created it) is busy with
the transform tool, and I haven't had time this weekend.