Fwd: hy i made this couse i had to make a somthing :)

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Feb 23 17:28:13 CET 2006

Em Quinta, 23 de Fevereiro de 2006 12:47, o Torsten Rahn escreveu:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 12:26 schrieb Casper Boemann:
> > On Wednesday 22 February 2006 17:08, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > pinheiro for the oxygen team just send me those icons he made for
> > > krita.
>
> Thanks a lot. The current icons in Krita still need a lot of improvement.
>
> > Hmm, I like our current icon better.
> > Although Nino did hit the glass like paint better than our current.
>
> I think Nino's icon is definetely an improvement and I would take this icon
> over the previous one in an eye blink. I still think that the object on the
> icon should picture something else that goes rather with the message:
>
> - professional high-quality paint tool
> - infinite creativity
> - reliability and precision
>
> I don't think that both icons really live up to what might be possible.
>
> Torsten

hello :) its Nuno not Nino :)
about the icon.... i just made it couse i thougt the curent one dosent fit at
all with the crystal set and the other koffice icons. its not a perfect icon
not very inpired at all, but its crystal like. and i made it couse i kinda
liked the brush i thought it would be a waste of work to not reuseit.
 about the concepts

professional high-quality paint tool
infinite creativity
reliability and precision

im sory but they are almost impossible to say in an icon, you can do one maybe
2 concept 3 is totaly impossoble has those concepts are very vage.
an logo might manage that but an icon i have serius doubts.
and the crystal look is not very associated with precision, couse it tryes to
not have sharp angles, i could try to remove the ink out of the drawing and
repace it by a 3d grid but im sure that will not work on the 16X16 version,
for the oxygen set we will take much more atention to your icon maybe remove
the brush thing, but if there is no brush we nead a new metaphore and lots of
branding efort so people recognise the logo/icon maybe a crayon? but agin not
very associated with precision. i leave this idea for you guys what object
describe krita beter?
PS are you guys working in the action icons list for koffice?