Almost done with setDirty

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 20 19:36:57 CET 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 18:18, Adrian Page wrote:

> The problem with using a timer is obviously the lag it introduces.

Not only that, but if someone in the meantime sets the state to clean,
some updates won't get through.

> How about having a function to tell the image not to emit any updated
> signals until you tell it to. So it stores them up and sends one
> containing the combined rectangle when you re-enable it. That would have
> the advantage over the doneWithTheImageNotifyEveryone call of not
> requiring the ui to trigger the signal after every operation. By
> default, the signal would be emitted on each setDirty, but you could
> optimise by suppressing the signal during a complex operation.

That's what I currently do when loading images: I set blockSignals to true
on the image and unblock them afterwards. Would that be enough, or should we
add a special method for that? Maybe wise...

I'll add a lock method to KisImage.