Almost done with setDirty

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Mon Feb 20 18:02:15 CET 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 16:59, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> This has the same problem we had, though: every setDirty (potentially)
> leads to a recomposite action, if one of the places that sigImageUpdated is
> connected to asks for the projection of the root layer.
And that is exactly what happens with the histogram stuff, though only after a
while. When it gets an imageUpdated call, it'll divide that into 'regions',
and add the dirty regions to its own list of to-be-updated regions. Then,
after a timer timeout, it'll get the histograms of each region:
        KisPaintDeviceSP dev = img -> mergedImage(); // Just returns a pointer
to projection
The positive point there is that it only happens after a certain period of
inactivity, but I'm not sure that's enough to make everybody happy ;-)

Bart