koffice/krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 17 17:26:55 CET 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 17:01, Bart Coppens wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 16:46, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > The only problem may be that if someone caches a reference to a
> > projection he may be in for surprises later on. But I don't think that
> > would be too bad.
>
> Well the same thing happens now, and as long as we properly document that,
> I see no problem against it.

Okay. So the scheme would be:

image::notify() becomes layer::setDirty()

Layers keep a list of dirty rects

On grouplayer::projection() becomes grouplayer::projection(rect) and returns
the whole projection, but only guaranteedly updated for the specified rect

paintview, merge, flatten etc. use the projection anyway, so no sweat.

Note to self: expect trouble with the group & adj. layer thumbnails keep
working.

If Adrian agrees as to the soundness of this scheme, I'll try to implement
this tonight or tomorrow.