koffice/krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 17 13:20:39 CET 2006

On Sunday 12 February 2006 01:29, Adrian Page wrote:
> - Move some notify() calls out of the ui and into the core, since the core
> should be self sufficient.

This is a bit of a problem, actually. It happens when loading (but also in
some other places) that it's necessary to mess about with layers a lot,
adding a bunch, moving them, before recompositing everything in one go.

Putting notify back into KisImage::addLayer makes that impossible.
Recomposition is triggered for every layer we load now.

It's why I introduced KisLayer::setDirty, so one could mess with the layers,
mark the changed ones dirty, and then notify once, making everything
recomposite in one go.

For now, I've added bool doNotify parameter to addLayer, but I think this
isn't the right solution.