krita + opengl

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 8 13:15:28 CET 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 09:54, Petr Vanek wrote:
> hello Krita's gang
>
> I would like to ask you something. How do you use (=implement)
> opengl support for Krita? Do you use direct OpenGL access or
> just some optional backend for existing image manipulation library?
> How is it expensive for develop and maintain?

We currently use opengl directly, but with the option to convert to Qt4's
opengl support when we port. I'm not sure how expensive it was to develop --
Adrian spent a fair amount of time on it, but there were a lot of changes
needed.

> cheers
> petr vanek
>
> P.S.: it would be very kind if you can setup your mailing list
> to add "[Krita]" string into email subjects ;)

I rather like these reminders of the glorious past of
KImageShop^WKrayon^Krita :-).