A bit of future-proofing

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Feb 7 14:59:25 CET 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 12:37, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Somewhere along the road we've lost every trace of an intention to make it
> possible someday to show only a particular channel of a layer. I'm thinking
> that it may make sense to add a parameter to the merge, bitBlt and
> composite methods so we can add support for that in the future while
> keeping the API stable.
I don't see why API stability is such an important goal. We are not a library
after all. Also I doubt that you'll be able to hit it right on anyway.

> Specifically, I'm thinking about a 32-bit bit field, one bit per channel.
> But maybe an array of boolean would be faster to check in the composite
> methods of the colorspaces?
Hmm 32 channels seems awfully close to the number needed for a spectrum
colorspace. Lets not set such limits for ourselves.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann