grow selection

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 5 16:12:51 CET 2006

Hi,

ok, I ported the grow selection function from gimp to krita and commited it.

To try it out, you have to remove the #if 0 and #endif around

m_grow =
        new KAction(i18n("Grow"),
                0, 0,
                this, SLOT(grow()),
                collection, "grow");

and

m_grow -> setEnabled(enable);

In prinicple it works and you can grow selections now (the selection is grown
by five pixels if you use grow selection).

However, there is a strange bug:

Try the following to see what I mean: create a couple of round selections.
Then try grow selection. Everything works fine inside the bounding rectangle.
However the selection is not grown outside the bounding rectangle. (So if you
create only a single rectangular selection, grow selection does not seem to
work).

Maybe someone has a clue what is happening here? Anyway, I will do some sports
now, maybe I find some time to look at this tonight.

Greetings,
Michael