SIOX

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 5 13:30:46 CET 2006

Hi,

> if it's possible try to add it as a plugin in
> playground/graphics/krita-plugin, it would be a nice addition to the 1.5
> series.

I looked at the code. The siox tool in gimp uses functions to modifiy
selections that are currently not available in krita.

I think it would be a good idea to actually implement the functions. I looked
at KisSelectionManager and saw that there are already stubs for these
functions, but they are not implemented yet.

A Selection in gimp is just a usual paint device with one Byte per channel,
isn't it? If so, it should be straight-forward to port some of the selection
functions like grow/shrink over from gimp.

I can try this. It is actually ok to implement these functions in
KisSelectionManager as long as they are not added to the GUI? It then should
be quite easy to write a small plugin that adds these functions to the GUI
und put that plugin in playground/graphics/krita-plugin.

What do you think about it?

Greetings,
Michael