Importing a new application

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Dec 30 12:05:17 CET 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 12:33, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> 1) how's the performance and reliability of the KDE svn repository?  I
> read once not too long ago about 5 minute commit times...

Pretty good these days.

> 2) what are the criteria for deciding whether to import into
> kdeplayground or kdereview?

Dunno about that -- but others will.

> 3) if the program is far enough along by the time KDE4 is released,
> who do I need to discuss its inclusion in kdemultimedia with?  Or
> would koffice also be a possibility, especially for integrating some
> krita functionality?

If it's to be included in KOffice, it needs to be based on the koffice libs,
notably KoMainWindow and KoView -- and a modicum of flake integration is
necessary, too. Personally, I can see the logic of extending the creative
side of koffice into video editing.

But for integration with Krita we can no doubt work something out -- make a
separate shared library or something out of important functionality. Maybe we
can discuss ideas on #koffice?