Layer Compositing Modes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Dec 10 09:53:37 CET 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 05:32, Warren Baird wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been playing with v1.5 of Krita - I like what I've seen so far...
> Unfortunately I make heavy use of the 'hard light' and 'soft light'
> layer compositing modes in the Gimp, and so far I haven't really found a
> good way to get similar effects in Krita.
>
> Am I missing something?   If not - any idea when more interesting layer
> compositing modes will be implemented?

Not sure. If we get a patch implementing them we'll probably include it in
1.6.2 -- even if it's just rgb8. I've already got a number of highly
important bugs that I need to solve for 1.6.2, and I'm not sure how much I
will be able to do after next Thursday.

> I saw a discussion on the mailing list a couple months back about
> implementing layer compositing modes as plugins - has anything happened
> in that direction - I'd be willing to try implementing my own that way...

It's almost possible in trunk to do that. I'm not sure what the current status
is since I was seduced away by another area of the codebase for the
moment :-).