Krita, still very buggy

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Dec 6 13:49:20 CET 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 13:18, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > ie a mail write the 20 sept 2006:
> > >I've been thinking with a friend of mine (http://www.design-hero.com/)
> > >about the current arrangement of the icons. And I think it could be
> > >improved.
> > >
> > >Here is my rearrangement proposal of the icons:
> > >http://www.ronanzeegers.com/krita-ui/Krita-rearrangement-01.png
>
> Not sure why that wasn't done -- at that time I wasn't working on 1.6
> myself, so that's something to ask Cyrille. I think it can be done in 1.6,
> because there is provision to order tools by priority per group, but I'm
> not sure how well it works.

if I remember correctly, the tool order were changed, but from the discution
there were some disagreement with ronan's suggestion, and an other grouping
was choosen.

From my memory:
For instnace the crop tool was put in the layer/manipulation category because
the pan, zoom and grids tools doesn't affect the image but the canvas. While
crop is a tool that have a direct effect on the layer, not to mention that
crop can be applied to tool.

As for drawing tools, it's very questionnable if the polygon tool and the
polyline tool should be seperated or not. I mean they are very similar. I
honestly don't know. If someone has any opinion on this ?

The question I am asking myself is why the the fill, gradient, text and picker
tool aren't above the layer/manipulation ones, I think to remember that it
was done other wise before.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---