The future of selections and masks in Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 1 17:11:02 CEST 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Thomas Zander wrote:

> On Tuesday 1 August 2006 15:57, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > > I disagree here. I may have misunderstood "Arthur the amateur
> > > landscape photographer", but I did not get the impression he was a
> > > profession Photoshop user.
> >
> > I think your father and Arthur are almost a perfect match. No photoshop
> > experience required (althought your father has)
>
> Arthur is someone that uses an expensive digital camera, uses a paint
> application instead of a specialized photo app because it gives him more
> power and does html.

My father uses an expensive camera. Although not as expensive as Arthur's
camera, but that's just a matter of disposable income. He previously
used a brace of very nice Olympus cameras and had is own dark room. And
he used Photoshop because he wants to cut irregular selections and do complex
color adjustment. The only reason he doesn't use html and doesn't place his
photo's on the web is because he believes his work isn't good enough, but that's
just his skewed perspective. He produces really nice images, mainly landscape
with figures.

Boudewijn