Colorspace functions

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 6 11:57:07 CEST 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Leonardo Giordani wrote:

> A couple of questions about colorspace basic functions:
>
> When and why are the following functions called by Krita?

Very, very often.

> 1) fromQColor()
> 2) toQColor()

Whenever we want to convert between colorspaces for which no
lcms transform is possible, when we want to convert from QColor (for
instance, on picking a color in a color selector) or the other way
around: when the color picker is used and we want to show the selected
color in the color selectors. We convert between colorspaces whenever
we want to composite layers in two different colorspaces.

> 3) bitBlt()

For literally every painting action: just drawing a line is a collection
of bitBlts. For compositing layers for display (all layers are bitBltted
and only the root layer is converted to a QImage.

> I promised to commit watercolor code some days ago: it is _really_ a mess
> because of the bug chasing of the last week; I will wait a bit more in order
> to clear it and give something that works.

Boudewijn