Substrate implementation proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 4 08:39:47 CEST 2006

I've been thinking about this, and this is my proposal:

Add an interface (attached) that can be reimplemented by specific substrates.
This interface is responsible for returning the right pixel. It is possible
to make a tiled implementation of a full-size implementation. The list of
properties in the pixel struct is open for discussion! My intention is to
make all media colorspaces work with all substrate implementations, so we
need to get this right.

A KisImage has one KisSubstrate (as discussed in the long mail I sent this
weekend), and a method to return a shared pointer version of the substrate
implementation.

I'm also working on a plugin that will offer a dialog to create custom
substrates  or select predefined ones.