Colorspaces and medium interactions

BERGER Cyrille cberger at cberger.net
Mon Apr 3 11:59:22 CEST 2006

> The paintop and palette are debatable.
about palettes, we have allready too much palette visibles at the same
time, and some are useless for the selected layer. I mean the wet
palette is only usuable with watercolor. And in the future we will add
new palettes, one for CMYk, one for LAB (maybe one for YCbCr), one for
{$NAMEOFYOURBRANDNEWANDCOOLCOLORSPACE}...

So I think we should have a maximum of four palettes visible at the
same time, and some might be disabled when needed :
- HSV
- the colorspace's palette
- the predefined palettes
- history of colors (maybe it can be merged with the predefined palettes ?)

And of course, in case of watercolors, only the "the colorspace's
palette" is enabled.

So, what do you think ?

--
Cyrille Berger