working with krita

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Sep 24 18:25:51 CEST 2005

* the screenshot tool wants to close the current document before it can do
its work, what about making it snapshot to a new layer?

* changing the title of a layer; I double click on the layer and press OK,
apparently the X/Y coordinates are wrong in that dialog since now my
layer is repositioned.

* Doing a copy of a selection, but having the wrong layer selected gives
me an empty selection (all transparent).  Pressing paste should say so
(popup) instead of creating a new useless layer.

* pasting a small selection should make the new image pixels in the center
of my screen. Note that this does not always mean center of drawing due
to zoom factor and offset of image using the scrollbars. It now always
gets pasted at 0,0

* the selection tools should allow pressing shift to go to 'substract'
mode without adjusting the combobox for the current tool.  (a different
pointer would be nice as well)

* Pressing save for the first time gives me the 'save document as' dialog
which is set to 'png' as default file format.
I suggest to set the default format (in the "save as" dialog) to the krita
format for any image that has more then 1 layer.

* select a part of the image. Use the move tool.
Note how krita correctly creates a new layer for that copied part, but the
offset is set to the same as the original layer, it ignores the offset of
the original layer to the selection.  In other words, my selected part is
move a lot upwards left, which is kinda unsettling.

* Doing a copy of a selection should IMO remove the selection for that
layer, I honestly can't think of a reason why I would come back and reuse
that selection.

* Layers toolbar has a pretty annoying problem.  Clicking on the eye to
enable/disable a layer only works when the scrollbar is at the top, so if
there is some offset in the scrollpane the clicks to disable a layer are
ignored.
Note that double click for edit layer works fine.

--
Thomas Zander