Handling default profiles

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Wed Sep 21 21:30:25 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:51, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:46, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > No more "None" for rgb,cmyk etc. In fact if NULL is allowed we need to
> > interpret it somehow anyway, so why not make it clean what the
> > interpretation is.
>
> Well, None means default now. I think it's important ui-wise to allow None.
> But this needs some thinking.
Following a discussion on irc we have come to a conclusion that:

The profile combobox should be removed from the new image and new layer
dialogs. (though perhaps an advanced popup or something should allow expert
users to choose)

The profile should still be shown in the properties.

"Default" is a better word than "None" since we never have colorspaces without
a profile. Special colorspaces (like wet'n'sticky) excluded.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann