Handling default profiles

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Wed Sep 21 11:46:25 CEST 2005

Hi

In my quest to refactor the profiles into the colorspaces I have/want to make
a decision on handling default profiles.

At the moment we allow colorspaces to have NULL profile. I want to change that
so that colorspaces that handle profiles also require a profile to be set.

No more "None" for rgb,cmyk etc. In fact if NULL is allowed we need to
interpret it somehow anyway, so why not make it clean what the interpretation
is.

On the other hand colorspaces that don't handle profiles should still be
allowed to have no profile (obviously). Wet and sticky for example.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann