Future Layerbox

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Fri Sep 16 11:56:19 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 16. September 2005 08:18 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 04:35, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > I think the layers could be organized as a tree. Something like:
>
> Yes, we definitely need a hierarchical view of the layers. Preferably one
> that is not as bloody confusing as Photoshop 6's layerbox :-).
The layerbox is Photoshop CS2 seems to have this hierarchical view with
attachable effects.

> > Image
> > \
> > + Layer 1
> > + Layergroup bla
> >    \
> >    + Layer 2
> >    + Layer 3
> >       \ Selection -> Blur
> >    + Filter Round Corners
> >
> > In Karbon objects and groups of objects are displayed as part of the
> > layer. So the new layerbox should be able to display them too.
>
> Indeed.
>
> > If possible the new layerbox should use the new Model/View architecture
> > introduced with Qt4.
>
> Well, we want this layerbox done for 1.5, so it will be Qt3 based for now.
Are you sure that this should be in place for 1.5? You would need to change a
lot of code and feature freeze is on December 12.

> > Just wanted to add some complexity ;)
>
> No problem... Would you like to pick this up?
It's an interesting task, but I will definitely have not enough time to finish
it for the 1.5 release as my military service starts next month and I won't
be at home for about 2 months.