Krita's rendering model

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu Sep 15 14:42:48 CEST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 14:11, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> So if there are two views, or three views, we composite two or three times.
Yes that's a problem indeed.

> 1.
> Image creates QImage from the dirty rect ->
> Image emits a signal with the QImage as a parameter and the dirty rect
> Clients connected to this signal take the QImage and paint it onto their
> canvas
Good as it sounds, this has a problem. As I understand, each view has an
exposure setting for the float colorspaces. Compositing the layer once and
then emitting it would effectively kill this parameter to be differentiated
among different views.

> 2.
> Problem: this cached QImage can become pretty big, of course, and that
> would take an unpleasant amount of memory.
Again, the exposure is not taken into account. And of course, this gigantic
waste of memory is not so fun.

But maybe you could cache the KisImage's renderToProjection result between
different calls to renderPainter that are made after the same update of the
image?

Bart