How to achive colorspace independence

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Oct 22 21:52:39 CEST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 21:58, Casper Boemann wrote:

> 2) Scaling and other things where each resulting pixel is the weigthed
> mixture of a number of pixels. The mixColors function in the cs does this
> rather well.

Out of curiosity I tried for what colorspaces the current scaling algorithm
does work and I was very surprised that it actually worked for all
colorspaces except the 32 bit floating one (I forgot the name and I just
uninstalled krita). And even for this colorspace it kind of works. It only
gets some pixels wrong (I think that is because the scaling algorithm
actually checks some border cases and treats them in a special way and this
fails for the 32 bit colorspace).

Or maybe Layer->Convert layer just doesn't work and they are all RGB8. But I
don't think so because the filter needs twice as long if you convert to
RGB16.

Maybe somebody has an idea why scaling works even for 16 bit floating point
RGB color channels with the current algorithm?

Greetings,
Michael