green layer :)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Nov 20 17:32:02 CET 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 12:03, Mr YouP wrote:
> Another question, I was speaking with Dave Neary yesterday and he ask
> me if Krita got 64bit channel, I though I seen something like that on
> the list, can you confirm ?

64bit?
That sounds weird;  normal photoshop has 8 bit, so going to 64 is an
unreasonable large gain in color resolution.  I think there is a
definition difference somewhere.

Krita currently has 16-bit-per-channel images. Which means that
red/green/blue each have 16 bits.  Or 16 bits times 4 in the case of CMYK
Krita also has a 32bit floating-point image type, and various others.

These numbers are the highest in the market, I am unaware of any end user
applications (free or otherwise) that use higher color resolutions than
what Krita offers :)

Cheers.
--
Thomas Zander