Layer usuability idea

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Nov 9 12:30:35 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 11:43, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 08:54, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > The tooltip that popup and indicate on which layer the pixel is, is
> > again not a good enougth solution, well you are drawing your line and
> > you are wondering where to make it go, so with this solution, you need
> > to first go over all the pixel and see if they are on the good layer
> > and then do your painting. (btw it would be a really nice addition to
> > the color picker, a tooltip
>
> I don't think I saw that suggestion..
> I have seen two very separate suggestions and it looks like you combined
> them.  Not sure how, though...

I saw that in mail of Boudewijn : "For instance, by stealing a leaf from
windowmanager, and have an osd
popping up for a short time telling you on which layer you are." (his first
answer to Mr YouP), but I misunderstood it, and there was some great idea
behind it.

And then I found the tooltip idea brillant for an other use.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---