Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Tue Nov 1 12:20:32 CET 2005

Boudewijn Rempt wrote on 2005-11-01 12:09 +0100 regarding Loading really big images:
> I think we have a problem with big images: Krita will show 99% cpu activity if
> I load or create an image with 5000*5000 pixels -- maybe someone else can
> test this to see if it's just a problem locally.

Quick test: created a 5000x5000 100dpi image on my AMD2000+ laptop (1.7GHz,
512MB) using a pre-OpenGL Krita (oh, does that sound old :))

Initially 50% to 96% load while initialising the image, then down to almost
none, then peaks of 99% when the canvas is actually drawn.
Peaks of up to 90% while doing "impatient" painting (random rectangles or lines
without waiting for the previous one to appear).

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   Documentation maintainer, Krita