selectedRect

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun May 22 21:35:28 CEST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 21:27, Casper Boemann wrote:

> I could give the box that contains all selected pixel if you want, but as
> this would be:
>  -4654368748567, -4667856785654, 56546546456, 546456546546
> Do you rally want that ?

I hope you're right...

> I for sure can not think of a case. Some special cases probably exist where
> you want to affect the infinity but those are special cases like invert()

Well, for instance, I want to copy a selection to a new layer. In that case, I
don't want to do more work than necessary, so I want the copy iterator to be
no bigger than the bounding box.

Same with rotation: a selection should be rotating around the centre of the
exact bounding box of the selection.

With histograms, ditto -- the exact bounding box of the selection (which
should be contained within the paint device, I don't see any reason for a
selection to be bigger than the paint device, but I may well miss the point
here) is necessary to do as little work as possible.