release time is coming closer

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue May 17 13:47:55 CEST 2005

>> Please note that REPLACE has gone. The user just have to deselect first
>> get the same behaviour.
>
>I'm not happy with that: it happens quite often that an attempt at a
selection
>with select-by-colour or magic wand doesn't give the exact right result.
It's
>much more comfortable if there is an easy-to-use replace mode instead of
>having to go through another action before trying again.
I understand what you are saying, and kind of accept it for the contiguous
select tool.

Though for the most part youd want to select more than one color. Learning
to use replace to undo your mistakes is not all that good. Consider first
selecting one area (using replace until you got it right would be ok) Then
wanting to add a second area you would no longer be able to use replace as
it would also replace the first area.

No. Using undo (ctrl+z) would be much better in both cases.

Also, using replace builds up undo information, wheras undo is the right
thing to do (you have selected something that wasnt right)

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann