Embedding ICC profiles

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu May 12 00:52:10 CEST 2005

Now that loading and saving of EXIF information works, I've been trying to
export the ICC profiles as well. Unfortunately, after I encountered some
problems, I searched a bit and found this page:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lcms-user%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg00913.html
Now I think this basically means that we would only be able to export icc
profiles that we imported from a jpeg/png file with embedded profile (even
though it could get a bit tricky), and not profiles we loaded as a
KisResource from our resource directories.

What would be the best thing to do? We could not save any profiles at all when
exporting images (not good, but at least consistent), or try to save the
profiles if we can (a little bit better, but confusing to the user as to when
the profile can be exported and when not)

Bart Coppens