Const iterators

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Mon Mar 28 23:54:16 CEST 2005

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hm... I don't think that that's ideal -- it would be a source of nasty bugs, I
> guess. I rather like the simplicity of our current iterator api -- it's
> amazing how much you can do with it.

Well, I would have argued that extent() not returning what you'd expect
it to would be a source of bugs and much head-scratching, but I notice
that you've added some documentation that says exactly what it does do,
so that's probably good enough.

> I didn't have time to do more work on Wet & Sticky because of the release --
> but that's more or less the way I was going to implement compatibility with
> the filters that wouldn't know about wetness etc. But it needs some
> experimentation to see whether it would work. Of course, there are situations
> were QColor won't cut it, because of channel depth or conversion issues.

Yes, I was only using QColor as that is what is used at the moment until
KisColor or such appears.

Adrian