Scaling Code (was: Crop Tool)

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Mon Mar 28 15:21:17 CEST 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 14:36, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I see... Undoing a crop gives funny results, too. I'm now working on
> rotating/scaling/mirroring using the exact extent of a layer, instead of
> the tiles extent, but I'll look at this when I've done that.

Is someone working on rewriting the scaling code? I seem to remember that
Casper mentioned that he is writing a floating point version of it. If not,
the scaling code could be speeded up a lot by copying the image to an array
first and scaling the array. This should not be too hard to do. In the end,
the scaling code should use the iterators directly, but I will certainly not
have enough time to do this before the release,

Michael