kis_canvas and widgets

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Thu Mar 24 21:48:23 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 March 2005 20:03, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> This sounds a bit like what Casper was writing about the other day for the
> transform tool; it would be nice to coordinate. Maybe you two can share
> some code.

Unfortunately there is no code to share. I have no clue how to actually do
this. In principle one can certainly paint the handles with qpainter and just
redraw the whole thing if the user presses the left mouse button and moves
the mouse, in the same way the line drawing tool draws its lines. But this
sounds really ugly to me.

A qwidget would have the advantage that it does all the mouse handling and
repainting stuff on its own. In kolourpaint you can resize selected regions
with handles. I tried to find the relevant code in colorpaint, but I couldn't
so far.

Greetings,
Michael