tool activate()

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Mar 22 12:27:15 CET 2005

> > now if I could just figure out why activate is called twice when I click
> >
> > like:
> > "click my tool"
> > activate(my tool)
> > clear(my tool)
> > activate(my tool)
> > "click another tool"
> > clear(my tool)
> >
> > also I think activate shadows the KAction activate - is that on purpose
> > and could that be the explaination
> > activate is called which is actually our version of activate
> > it ALSO signals activated which is connected to activate
> > we are called again
> >
> > I'm confused
>
> Looks like the activate slot is connected twice.
>
> Once in the constructor of the KRadioAction in the tool setup method:
> and the other time in KisView::setInputDevice:

Ok. I have renamed activate to intro and changed the connect in KisView to
connect to intro() instead.

Now activate (renamed to intro) is only called once per click.

I don't know if this is cause by the activate no longer being shadowed or the
fact that I havn't changed the extra connects in the tool::setup

investigating further...

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann