tool activate()

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Mar 20 23:05:57 CET 2005

Hi

I was trying to make activate and deactivate functions of KisTool, but then I
realised that the concrete subclasses KisToolPaint and KisToolNonPaint both
has an activate() slot. Don't know if it does what I need, which is to
provide me a place to do some toolspecific initialisation each time the tool
is started. More specifically in my transform code I need to draw handles on
screen as soon as the tool is activated. And the handles need to go away (and
the transform committed) when the tool deactives (ie another tool is
selected)

Can someone enlighten me as what I should do to provide a deactivate, and
should it also be a slot, and why aren't activate directly made in KisTool

I hope someone knows

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann