Some issues with the polyline and polygon tools

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Sat Mar 19 23:34:17 CET 2005

On Saturday 19 March 2005 20:17, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Why have two so similar tools, or is this just temporary ?
>
> I prefer polyline's open ended nature. Couldn't we just make it a
> ctrl+click option to close it - or something like that.

That would be one possibility. However, in prinicple it would be nice if Krita
could also draw filled polygons and there is nothing like that for a
polyline.

Is it possible to have two icons for one tool? I imagine that from a usability
point of view it is a good idea to have a polyline tool icon and a polygon
tool icon and not only one that has an option to close the polyline (from a
coding point of view having an option to close the polylines or not is of
course trivial). So if there would be two icons that call the same tool, in
polyline mode or polygon mode, this would solve the problem.

Michael