Looks like a release schedule to me

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 15 14:58:46 CET 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 22:16, Bart Coppens wrote:

> Now I seem to remember a quote about APIs, that goes something like 'make
> the common task easy to do, instead of making the uncommon easy and the
> common difficult' (or something like that).

That's the beginning and the end of it (apart from performance, correctness,
functionality of course :-)) -- one reason Krita languished for a long time
was that it was decidedly unfun to do the tile cobbling in KisPainter for
painting lines and so on. Using bitBlts instead of all the cobbling was a
nice hack, but originally the idea was to compute a line, determine which
tiles were going to be affected, which pixels in the tiles and composite
those bytes. It would have been a bit faster, possibly, than our current
approach, but it was hell to code. At all levels, interfaces between
components should offer the easiest possible way of accomplishing a task.

As far as I'm concerned, if you've determined that you patch fixes things,
please commit. It might be a good idea to add a note to krita/doc explaining
the issues behind the layer offsets for future reference, though.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi