Looks like a release schedule to me

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 5 19:39:40 CET 2005

It looks to me as if we've quite a hard release schedule now with KOffice 1.4.
The main dates are:

* April 11: HEAD Freeze. No new features, just bugfixes
* May 23: Release Candidate: just critical bug fixes
* June 7: Official release

This means that we have about a month to finish the features we want in the
first real release of Krita. Unfortunately, it's a busy month for most of us
-- it's Lent for me, which takes a lot of time, other 	people are in their
final year at school or have a Phd to finish. So we need a realistic set of
features we can be confident in.

Essential features that are broken right now:

* Scaling/shearing
* Exporting images
* Painting on displaced layers
* Floodfill (there must be a way to detect those boundary conditions)
* using selections in filters etc. -- I never managed to extend the
pixeliterator trait class to also iterate over the selection layer. Maybe I
need to approach this differently.
* Several filters

Essential features that miss completely:

* Select by color -- we've got the UI, now we just need the code
* Overview box
* Palette loading/saving

Features I've begun that I guess I should put in stasis for the time
being :-(:

* Wet & Sticky
* Color variations
* Paintbox/toolbox reform.

Plugins that are broken or not implemented yet:

* kisksjembed?
* histogram

Anyway, I'm going to try to fix image export now.