include problem & templated resourceserver

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Thu Jun 30 00:58:22 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2005 15:29 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Saturday 25 June 2005 12:24, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > The templated resourceserver can now do async loading, even though I had
> > to split the class. The disadvantage is that it can only handle one
> > resourcetype at once. So when the above problem is solved I want to put
> > four
> > resourceserver singletons into KisFactory.
>
> It would be better, I think, to make a resource server registry singleton
> and add the default resource servers in the KisFactory to the registry.
> That way, if we invent other types of resources, we can simply add another
> resource server to the registry from a plugin.
Good idea. Now I have a resourceserver registry which is shared across
multiple views. Which brings back an old problem: The resoucre mediators of
the views are not synced properly with the resourceserver aka "duplicated
resources"

I remember that we had a hack that solved that problem temporary, which was
reverted for some reason. At the moment each view has it own resouceserver.

Probably the cleanest solution would be to disable the async loading.

Ideas?