A beginning of documentation

Mr YouP mr.youp at free.fr
Sun Jun 26 20:57:38 CEST 2005

Hi !!

I take a few time to test first release of Krita. So I decide to make a
embryon of documentation.

I don't know if I'll be able to continue it further (maybe I'll have some time
during summer). Anyway, I paste here the plain text. I made an overview of
all the toolbox. I also put my personnal remarks/feature lacks into the text.

Installation

On Kubuntu, note that you need libmagick++6 for opening various image type
(jpg, etc...)

---- Create a document -----

Image Size :
You can enter the width and height of the picture in pixels.
You can set the resolution in dot per inch (dpi). This parameters set how many
pixel will be print per one inch on the paper sheet

-- Lack : possibility to set dimensions in inch/mm/cm/wathever.

Mode :
You can set the color space (RGB/Grayscale)
the profile (I don't know what is it) and the depth (is it the number of bits
used for a pixel ?)

-- Remark : Is it necessary to put Profile and depth in this dialog (why not
in an "advanced"/"more options" button/dialog)

Contents:
Canvas color : you can set the color with which the image will be filled.
Opacity : the opacity of the color chosen.
Description : a description of the image

-- Remark : Same remark about the necessary of Opacity option (should be moved
to an advanced part)