avoiding double work

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jun 25 21:12:50 CEST 2005

On Saturday 25 June 2005 21:02, Casper Boemann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been thinking about this a couple of times:
>
> Perhabs we should have some sort of board where we say what we are working
> on.
>
> It could avoid double work, like what was just about to happen with rgba-16

Well, if we tend to keep each other posted on the mailing list, that should be
enough. The problem with me is that I tend to work on lots of things in
parallel, taking the first thing that grabs my fancy... I used to keep track
of what people were doing in the TODO list. Problem with that was that
sometimes people couldn't get the feature done, but it remained their
feature. But Bart's wiki would be a good thing. Or, to make things more
official, ask for a place on the kde wiki. That way we can keep the todo
public, too.

Anyway, just to make a start... I'm working on:

* xcf import/export filter (but that's a lot of unpleasant work)
* psd import/export filter (I've got the specs up to psd 6.0, later is no
longer available for free software, and it's a log of unpleasant work)
* importing photoshop brushes and palettes
* wet & sticky color model, with paintop and visualisation (need a good & fast
bump map routine for that)
* making the toolbox simpler (find a way to make freehand tool flexible enough
to use the airbrush or filter paintop, get rid of separate filter,
paintbrush, pencil, eraser filter tools. Duplicate will stay, probably,
separate. Find artwork for paintops.)
* extensions to paintop to enable bidi paint transfer.

* variations dialog (pending a new preview widget)