Change image size & transform tool

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Thu Jun 23 07:45:00 CEST 2005

Hello,

currently there are two functions for scaling images in Krita which do not. My old code which is used for "Change Image size..." and Casper's code which is used for the transform code.

I had a brief look at Caspers code and it looks very clean. However, from what I have seen, I don't think it implements the Mitchell algorithm correctly. I think the transform tool should use the Mitchell algorithm, but if you compare the results with the results from "Change Image size...", the results from  "Change Image size..." are much better. Casper, since you have written that code, what are your thoughts about this?

What should we do about it? Should I try to rewrite my old code and make it use iterators? I hope that would speed up the code a lot,

Greetings,
Michael