dataabstraction in the curve widget

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 22 19:39:42 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 19:47, Casper Boemann wrote:

> I have thought of just defining an interface that potential curve
> implementations should follow. But I can't seem to take the mental leap as
> to what functions should be there. I would like to avoid specifying
> integers or double or QPoint or some other class, but still I need to be
> able to both draw the curve and modify it, without the curve implementation
> having to do all the work.

Perhaps a CurvePoint<_T, _T> class for the points, and a QList<CurvePoint>
curvePoints for the points; a getter & a setter. I don't think you will have
problems with that. What does the Digikam curve widget use internally? Maybe
it's enough to just make that widget a little more generic and use as-is.
That would make it more attractive for the digikam people to start using it,
too.