Thinking about large files.

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Jun 19 23:27:21 CEST 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 21:21, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 19 June 2005 16:34, Bart Coppens wrote:
> > It does, however, print useful information about krita's memory
> > consumption (even with the swapping disabled). It is a nice indication
> > about how much memory krita uses for the tiles, without the need of
> > valgrind-tools to log it all :-)
>
> Curious -- loading a single, simple, one-layer 750*468 image into Krita
> already takes 150 tiles -- somehow I cannot make that compute.
There are more things that do not compute unfortunately :-/ Try just _saving_
a file (autosaving for example); it allocates a lot of tiles and does not
seem to free them until the end...

Or see for example this:
http://www.bartcoppens.be/massif.16316.ps
There it seems that imagemagick memory is never freed after loading (for
making that dump, I removed icc profiles so that I would get a cleaner
result)