Should we ask for a new logo

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 16 20:20:26 CEST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 20:14, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 19:35, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > A logo is bigger and suitable for a t-shirt :-)
>
> and for a splashscreen. I have always wonder why koffice have no
> splashscreen ? It would be nice to have a common splash screen with a
> personalized part for every application.

Well, splash screens are intended to make a long wait seem shorter, and
KOffice apps are supposed to be instant-on. Besides, Patrick Julien really
hated having to wait for an app -- hence no splashscreens and that async code
to load brushes etc. (Not that that isn't very useful when running Krita
under valgrind).

Me myself, I like splashscreens. They're a kind of friendly message from the
apps authors to the users, and for a graphics app a way to get the users to
contribute to the app. Like I said recently, if Krita had been called
Kandinsky instead (which was a strong suggestion at the time of the great
renaming), I'd go for splash-screens for sure. Maybe even a collection of
random splashes for every release.