menu labels and mnemonics, how planned were they?

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 13 16:44:21 CEST 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

<snip>

> Anyway... This shows that we can indeed give Alan a free hand with the menu
> organization since nobody really had any reaction to his menu suggestions.
> Have fun, Alan! (Don't touch the filters menu, though, because I'm working on
> a different way to load the filters and that will affect the menu handling).

Haven't had time to do it yet.

The only change I want to make to the F_ilter menu so far would be to
change the mnemonic from F_ilter to Fil_ter.  The reasons for this are
F is taken, I and L are narrow letters which makes it harder to see the
mnemonic and various usability guides recommend against this, T is what
Adobe Photoshop uses, E is taken by the Edit menu, and finally R is what
the gimp uses because they use T for their tools menu.  (Also by using _t
you can continue using the same mnemonic if for any bizarre reason you
ever decides to rename the menu to Effects).

Unless you expect Krita to need a Tools menu in future it really should be
Fil_ters/Fil&ters.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org