undo & oldValue

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 26 15:49:30 CET 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 13:58, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Sorry. Hhadn't seen that you have committed it, I'll take a look as soon as
> possible. I have been busy doing other things. After this weekend I'll have
> more time.

Well, I'll be toying with the code some more then, because I'm really stuck
until oldValue & undo work again. Most filters need it, including, funnily
enough, invert, which is my testcase at the moment.

We certainly need it for the filter freehand tool, which was discussed in
painting on a temporary layer thread.

<...>

> The fix would then be to find the tile in getTile() but then check
> m_currentMemento if the tile exists there, and then return that tile
> instead. getTile() should then take an argument like "bool oldvalues"

Yes, something like that. It's enough to get the values as they were before
this iterator was started, so we can use the tiles stored in the memento.

I do wonder, though, what happens if two filters run concurrently. I'll be
adding firing filters in a separate thread soon, because I need filters
running in the background for the wet & sticky model. But those filters don't
need to be undoable.