appliction icon

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 21 11:55:07 CET 2005

On Friday 21 January 2005 11:39, Casper Boemann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have thought about our application icon, and I don't think it lives up to
> the UI standards of KDE

Well, it's miles better than the K made out of pencils we had before... I
rather liked it when Everaldo made it for us, but I guess you're right about
the guidelines. What I'm not really happy with is that the postcard + pencil
on the background is the same as the one in the Gimp icon on my system.

> The smallest version 16x16 is a different image than the larger versions.
> That is a no-no
>
> Also neither version seem as crisp clean as KDE perscribes icons to be, and
> it also departs from the style of the other koffice application icons.
>
> Now, I'm not an artist, so I can't do it, but some of you might feel
> inspired, or do kde have an artist team that can help out.

Well, seeing it's Everaldo who came up with this icon, I'm not sure about
getting a better one. I've got an idea -- icon contests are quite popular on
kdelook, and when Krita's in shape again for the next tarball, I'll open an
icon contest.